…all that said, finding a reliable team of techs can be an exhausting task. Fortunately, for those in the Boerne area, Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace is here to take care of all your needs.
We have been providing professional, reliable service for over a decade and, as a full-service company, our fireplace and chimney repair services are exhaustive. This means that, no matter what you need – be it a new chimney cap, tuckpointing services, brick replacements, relining services, or something else – we’re here to help.
What Are the Risks of Neglecting Fireplace Services?
Well, first and foremost are the risks of poor indoor air quality, which can then lead to health hazards. If your fireplace isn’t working well, those in your household could experience things like smoke inhalation, carbon monoxide poisoning, and the like. This is especially dangerous for infants, the elderly, and those already prone to respiratory issues (like asthma or severe allergies).
Then, there’s the increased chance of chimney fires. If creosote forms and builds up inside of your chimney flue, it can easily catch on fire. Why’s this? Well, creosote is combustible by nature. And, once ignited, a chimney fire can quickly spread to the roof and other combustible parts of your home, resulting in devastating property damage and potential loss of life.
The good news is that regular inspections, including chimney sweepings, can help prevent any and all of these issues. Get a professionals eye on the job, so you can stress less with every burning season.
What Are Signs That My Fireplace Needs Cleaning?
- Soot Buildup: Take a look up into your flue. If there’s a thick layer of a black, glossy substance lining the walls, it’s a sign that a cleaning is in order. And the sooner the better, as buildup of any kind can obstruct airflow and reduce efficiency.
- Unpleasant Odors: Noticing a strong, possibly smoky, and definitely unpleasant odor coming from your fireplace every time you walk by it? Does this happen even when the system is not in use? It could indicate that there is creosote buildup in the chimney.
- Difficulty Starting Fires: If you’re having trouble lighting a fire or keeping it burning, it could be due to a dirty fireplace. A buildup of ashes, debris, or creosote can interfere with the proper ventilation, making it harder to start and maintain a fire.
- Smoke Backing Into the Room: If smoke is filling your room instead of moving up and out of your chimney, clearly there’s an issue. This is typically a sign of a blocked chimney or flue, which can be caused by accumulated debris or creosote – all of which will need to be cleaned out.
- Reduced Heat Output: Not getting the heat or warmth you were hoping for? It could be due to a dirty or clogged chimney. A buildup of soot or creosote can insulate the firebox, preventing the heat from properly radiating into your living space.
- Animal Nests or Debris: If you find any animal nests, leaves, or other debris in your chimney – or if you hear chirping or scurrying in places you shouldn’t – it probably means your chimney both needs to be cleared out and that you need a new cap installed.
What Chimney Services Do We Offer?
Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace has a team of professionally trained and CSIA certified technicians, all of which are passionate about bringing the best services to Beorne and everywhere else in the surrounding areas. Rely on us for:
- Chimney Cleaning: During a chimney cleaning or sweeping service, our technicians will remove leaves, twigs, nesting materials, creosote buildup, and anything else from the chimney that shouldn’t be there. All of these things are potential fire hazards so getting them out is a must. Trust our techs to use appropriate equipment and complete the process mess-free.
- Chimney Inspection: Have you booked your annual inspection yet? These thorough examinations of the chimney help us identify any problems early on, so you don’t have to deal with any major headaches later in your burn season. We’ll look for signs of damage or wear and tear, then check the chimney’s interior for any blockages.
- Chimney & Fireplace Repairs: What types of repairs your system will need simply depends on the extent of damage you’ve experienced. Common repairs include fixing cracks in the chimney liner, replacing damaged bricks, and installing a new chimney cap. No matter your issues, we’re more than confident our techs can help you out.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning: Your home’s dryer vent accumulates lint each time you use it – and what many fail to recognize is that this lint can cause your dryer to catch on fire. Having your dryer vent cleaned on a regular basis will help lower the risk of a fire and it also helps your dryer to work more efficiently too (which, in turn, lowers your home’s energy costs).
Why Choose Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace?
When you choose Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace, you can trust that our chimney techs are licensed, insured, and carry the following credentials:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) Certification
- Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician (C-DET) Certification
- Fireplace Investigation, Research & Education Service (F.I.R.E.) Certification
- HeatShield Certification
- National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) Membership
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accreditation
We pride ourselves on providing quality service to all of our customers in Boerne and ensuring that our techs are always up to date on latest education and industry standards. You can rest assured that your chimney system and home are in good hands when you choose Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace for your chimney service needs.
Call us today at 830-620-9130 or schedule online to learn more about how we can help with your chimney service needs.