Are you experiencing issues with your chimney, such as cracks, leaks, or a buildup of creosote? Does your existing chimney need a little love and attention? If so, it may be time to consider chimney relining services. Chimney relining is the process of adding a new layer of material to the inside of your chimney to protect it from heat and corrosion. And one of the best choices for chimney relining is investing in a Heatshield® Chimney Relining System.
When you choose a Heatshield® Chimney Relining System you can rest assured that your home will be protected from unwanted combustion gases, stray flames, and more. This superior system also helps your fireplace operate at optimal performance levels by increasing draft efficiency, and it keeps moisture from corroding your chimney flue tiles.
Reach out the crew here at Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace to discuss if HeatShield is right for you.
What Sets Heatshield® Apart From Other Relining Methods?
Heatshield® chimney lining systems are created with Heatshield®’s patented Cerfractory technology that uses a hybrid ceramic and refractory cement coating that has been lab tested. The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) has given Heatshield’s refractory mortar a “Super-Duty” rating as it can withstand temperatures above 2900 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as moisture and corrosive flue gases. This rating also means that it surpasses the requirements of the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) and the International Residential Code (IRC)
Not just anyone can install a HeatShield® Relining System. Professional installers are carefully chosen based on their experience and certifications in the chimney and fireplace industry. They receive specialized training and every repair is verified using special video cameras.
Other options for chimney relining include clay or metal liners.
- Clay liners are a great choice when a chimney is being built. However, when it comes to relining, they’re not a great choice because the process typically requires breaking out sections of your chimney every few feet.
- Metal liners, like stainless steel, can be a great choice since they can be used with all fuel types and tend to carry a lifetime warranty. That said, they tend to need to have additional insulation installed to help increase safety and performance – and they can be pricey.
Choosing a Heatshield Chimney Relining System takes the guesswork out of the process because you can rest assured that you are getting the best quality service backed by extensive testing and a limited lifetime warranty. Not to mention, these systems can only be installed by qualified professionals who have proven they have the expertise and experience required by HeatShield to install their products.
Things To Consider When Deciding if a Heatshield System Is Right for You
When it comes time to decide on which relining system is best for your chimney, there are several things you need to consider:
- Age of Your Chimney: If your chimney is relatively new and in good condition, Heatshield® may not be necessary. However, if your chimney is more than 20 years old or has significant damage, Heatshield® may be a good choice to protect your chimney and prolong its lifespan.
- Type of Chimney: Heatshield® is compatible with most types of chimneys. However, if you have a prefabricated or factory-built chimney, Heatshield® is not an option. No worries, though – for these, we have other solutions.
- Condition of Your Chimney: If your chimney has cracks, leaks, or other issues, Heatshield® may be a good solution to protect your chimney and prevent further damage. However, if your chimney is in good condition, other relining methods may be more appropriate.
- Budget: Heatshield® chimney relining is often a more cost-effective solution than other relining methods. However, it’s still important to consider your budget and whether or not this is the best choice for your needs and financial situation.
- Usage of Your Chimney: If you use your chimney frequently, Heatshield® may be a good choice to protect it from the high temperatures and corrosive byproducts of combustion.
- Climate: If you live in an area with extreme temperature fluctuations or high humidity, Heatshield® may be a good choice to protect your chimney from the effects of moisture and thermal expansion. However, if you live in a mild climate, other relining methods may be more appropriate.
HeatShield® Relining FAQs
How long does Heatshield® chimney relining last?
Heatshield® chimney relining comes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can trust that it’ll stand the test of time.
Is Heatshield® chimney relining safe?
Yes, Heatshield® chimney relining is safe and can improve the protection of your home by reducing the risk of chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
How much does Heatshield® chimney relining cost?
The cost of Heatshield® chimney relining depends on several factors, including the size and condition of your chimney and the location of your home. We recommend consulting with a professional chimney technician for an accurate estimate.
How long does it take to complete Heatshield® chimney relining?
The time it takes to complete Heatshield® chimney relining depends on the size and condition of your chimney. However, most installations can be completed in a few days.
Can Heatshield® be used on any type of chimney?
Heatshield® can be used on most masonry chimneys. However, if you have a prefabricated or factory-built chimney, Heatshield® is not an option – but we offer other repair choices!
Can I install a Heatshield® chimney liner myself?
Installing a Heatshield® Chimney Relining System is a complex process that requires specialized knowledge and equipment. That is why only professional chimney technicians that have been chosen based on their expertise and training can install Heatshield® liners to ensure proper installation and safety.
Does Heatshield® affect the efficiency of my chimney?
Heatshield chimney relining can actually improve the efficiency of your chimney by reducing the buildup of creosote and improving the draft. This can also help reduce heating costs and improve indoor air quality.
Will Heatshield® chimney relining change the appearance of my chimney?
No, Heatshield® chimney relining is a non-invasive process that does not affect the exterior appearance of your chimney.
Are Heatshield® Chimney Relining Systems environmentally friendly?
Yes, Heatshield® chimney relining is an environmentally-friendly option because it is an eco-friendly product made from naturally occurring and recycled materials.
Give Us a Call
Choosing a Heatshield® Chimney Relining System for your home can be an effective and cost-efficient solution to protect your chimney from damage and improve its overall safety and efficiency. However, whether it’s the right choice for you depends on several factors, including the age, type, and condition of your chimney, your budget, and your usage patterns. With proper installation and maintenance, Heatshield® chimney relining can provide many years of reliable protection for your home and family.
If you are curious about whether your chimney needs relining, call the professionals at Wolfman Chimney & Fireplace today. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are standing by to handle all your chimney and fireplace repairs and more.
Call 830-620-9130 or schedule online today.